With this awesome feature of Quicken (i.e printing of checks), you can save your time as well as your effort.Guys, don’t worry if you have no knowledge in this regard. Here, we have highlighted steps that are required to carry out this function.Just perform them carefully in the same manner as described.Let’s get started:
To print checks in Quicken:
- First, you have to enter the transaction.
- Next, press Ctrl+W from your keyboard.
- If having multiple checking a/cs, select the account which you want to use. Do it by clicking the arrow i.e next to the account name (at the top of Write Check area).
- After this, insert name of the payee on Pay to Order of line.
- Next, enter the dollar amount on $ line, and then the amount will be written on the next line.
- Mention address in Address field, or tap ‘Address’ button to insert and save address details for this payee on your QuickFill list. (It’s optional)
- Pick a category (or multiple categories via Split button) for this expense. (It’s optional)
- Additional details can be inserted on the Memo line.Suppose you mail the check in a window envelope, then the information would appear. Use Message field to insert secret details like your a/c number.
In case, you don’t find Message field, then:
a) Go to Edit menu > Preferences > Write Checks.
b) Choose Allow Entry of Extra Message on Check option followed by pressing OK.
- Next, to save check in your register choose Record Check.
How to print checks after they have been entered???
1. First on Write Checks window, please click on Print. Doing so, you will be reached to Select Checks to Print screen.
2. Next, enter checks in your printer in the same manner as inserting letterhead paper.
3. In the First Check Number field, do check that the number is similar to that of the number on your first check.
4. If having various checks to print, choose which one to print using one of the given choices:
a) All Checks: It helps users to print all unprinted checks (including postdated checks).
b) Checks Dated Through: It helps to print all checks up to a particular date. You must know a current date is the default date. Well, the date can be changed by entering a different date in the field provided.
c) Selected Checks: With this, you are free to choose the individual checks to print. Next, go for ‘Choose’ option, pick suitable checks followed by clicking ‘Done’ option.
5. Make sure that your Check Style is correct:
a) Standard Checks: This check measures 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches and contains 3 checks per page for sheet-fed printers (like the laser, inkjet, or bubble jet). Please note that the checks for continuous-feed printers like dot matrix are a continuous sheet of checks.
b) Voucher: This type of check contains check followed by two vouchers for sheet-fed printers or a check followed by one voucher for continuous-feed printers.
c) Wallet: These checks are 6 x 2 5/6 inches with a check stub on each check’s side. It has three checks per page for sheet-fed printers, or a continuous sheet for continuous-feed printers.
6. If it is required, modify your check printing options:
a) Checks on First Page: Go for this option only when you are printing a partial page of standard or wallet checks on your page-oriented printer. Choose the number of checks on the first page.
b) Print Your Logo: This option can be used if you created a Microsoft® Windows® bitmap logo to print on your checks.
c) Additional copies: In case, you are printing voucher checks on a page-oriented printer, up to 3 additional copies can be printed by entering 1, 2, or 3 in the box.
7. Afterwards, hit OK to start printing the checks. Or you may snap ‘Print First’ to print only the first check of the group of checks that you choose. This (Print First option) verify your check settings by printing a single check rather than a batch of checks.
8. Press OK in ‘Did Checks Print OK window’ if the check has printed as per your expectation. If it’s not so, enter check number of the first incorrectly printed check. After then, hit OK.
I hope, you understand the steps discussed above. Still having any confusion, feel free to communicate with our Support team.They are ready to help you at any time as per your comfort. Just speak a word with them and feel the difference.For more details about Proadvisor247 technical team click here.
You May Also Read : How To Create Or Edit An Estimate Or Invoice In Quicken